[SOLVED] Black screen after boot process has completed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2021
Hello guys. I'm a bit of an amateur when It comes to using PCs. I've ran into a problem.
Basically what happened if while using my laptop all of a sudden everything went black and I couldn't do anything. Mouse activity seemed unresponsive. After a little bit of research I found out that it was a driver's issue and would be fixed by uninstalling the display drivers. So I booted up the laptop in safe mode and disabled the drivers. After two hours of work I was able to boot my laptop in normal mode successfully.

Now I decided to play my game. I play Teamfight Tactics at a high level. Usually I get 60-100 FPS ( capped at 60) but what happened was as soon as game started I was getting 4 FPS (max 5) which means it was almost unplayable.
So I alt f4 the game and everything froze. Restarted the laptop and it didn't show any black screen. Now I knew I needed new drivers so I went to intel website and downloaded their tool that diagnosis which driver my laptop needs and helps me install it. After installation was completed it told me to restart my laptop. I clicked restart and after booting up I saw the usual windows 10 update screen. I let it complete and after completion it restarted again, only to give me the black screen again with no cursor or response from mouse.

Now I'm stuck here I can do the safe mode thing again and get it working but if the laptop doesn't let me play games it's good for nothing. I know the issue is drivers related since safe mode is working fine and normal mode also works once display drivers are uninstalled. But I also need to get my game working at a good FPS. I come to you seeking help.

May 27, 2021
exact model of this laptop?
check the temperature?
i fixed the issue so i guess thats irrelevant. Laptop wasn't heating up if thats what you were thinking. for anyone with the same issue out there . what i did was repeat the safe mode method and this time manually download the latest driver from intel site. Restart and it works just fine and the games run aswell.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS