Black screen after boot, Windows 10

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daredevil1701

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
I have this problem, weird thing is it happened to both my old GPU (R9 270x) and my new one(R9 280x), is this a motherboard problem? or maybe drivers?

Solution

A Geforce 8600 GT with different pcie power, so he used an adapter. The rx480 didnt work in my pc, and my 280 didnt work in the pc the rx480 came from.

UPDATE: I updated my mobo bois and my card is working and drivers are installed. But my headphones and microphone are not detected in playback devices, also if I right click on my desktop I can't see the AMD settings but CPU-Z detects it and its in device manager.

UPDATE: 7/08/2017 secured my card at the other end and made sure it sits firmly, now not having any problems, been playing PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS all day at 100fps. Thanks for the help Vic 40, cant...

Daredevil1701

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

So i turn this on and then restart my pc with my gpu in and see what it finds? or just create that file and upload it?

Daredevil1701

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

well my pc doesnt work with my gpu in so i have no way to stress test, or do you mean do it on onboard graphics?

Daredevil1701

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

Couldn't figure it out so i took it to the shop, he tried my 280 in a different machine, didnt work, also tried a rx 480 in my pc and same problem, but then tried an old nvidia card and it worked fine. i literally dont even know what to do any more, the 280 works in a friends pc so idk.

Daredevil1701

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

A Geforce 8600 GT with different pcie power, so he used an adapter. The rx480 didnt work in my pc, and my 280 didnt work in the pc the rx480 came from.

UPDATE: I updated my mobo bois and my card is working and drivers are installed. But my headphones and microphone are not detected in playback devices, also if I right click on my desktop I can't see the AMD settings but CPU-Z detects it and its in device manager.

UPDATE: 7/08/2017 secured my card at the other end and made sure it sits firmly, now not having any problems, been playing PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS all day at 100fps. Thanks for the help Vic 40, cant believe its been such a simple problem the whole time though haha.

Solution