Black screen after boot

Sevengotowar

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Hello guys, i am having a really, really hard time with this black screen of death. I builded my own pc, installed windows 8.1 (same problem can't fix it) after that windows 10. I did every thing i could find on the web on this, updated all my drivers (didint work) rolled back the drivers ( didin't work) changed the power button so it wont fast boot, changed the monitor, disabeld the on board graphic card, basically i did everything i could find on the internet about this and still it wont work. It's killing me already. I'm thinking it may be a incompatibility with the hardware but i am not that sure, so here i am asking for your help.
Here is my rig:
MB: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 R2.0
CPU: AMD VISHERA FX 3900 QUAD CORE
RAM. : HyperX Savage 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 430
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA-III

Help me out guys.

Sevengotowar

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Ok guys, sorry for the really late respond (i was in another country), the CPU is AMD FX 4300 QUAD CORE (sorry for that), and yea with windows 7 i have no such problem, only with windows 8.1 and 10. A quick update, i changed my GPU with a nvidia gtx 950. Also, my pc shuts down in games ( i have normal temp everywhere). Now i need to let you all know that i have a bad power supply ( 250w) could that be the problem?

Sevengotowar

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Yea, i know that, i'll get a new PSU as soon as i can, i just want to know if thats the cause. Not even the new update solved the trouble ( July 12, 2016 — KB3172985 (OS Build 10586.494)
). I'd also like to say that with windows 7 sometimes it doesn't shut down (in dota 2, haven't tried with other games).

Sevengotowar

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

Sometimes at the loading screen, sometimes when i need to type my password and sometimes it letse log on, works normaly 2-3 mins and then it freezes

Sevengotowar

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

Think so? Windows 7 works like a charm and the hdd is not even a year old (good think i have the warranty). How can i check to be sure it's the hdd? Get another one and try it out or is there another way i can find out?

You could run checkisk for the beginning, HDD could be physically alright but file system may be corrupted. May need to be defragged too.
Physical HDD health can be checked by downloading a test program from it's manufacturer or if you can find it here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/hard_disk_drive_(hdd)_tools.html
I just had to replace 1 1/2 year old Hitachi 2TB because suddenly got 240+ sectors moved to spare area and health dropped to 17%.

Sevengotowar

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

I defragged the hdd, checked the hdd no problems, downloaded a software to check my hdd and it say's it was all good. Anyway i give up :D. I installed windows 7

TRENDING THREADS