[SOLVED] Black Screen After Changing Main Display to run PEG in BIOS

Mar 31, 2020
Hi there, I'm in a bit of a situation right now where I'm not really sure how to approach this. I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y5070 with a Core i7 and Nvidia 960m. I noticed that my main display only had 128mb of VRAM whereas it usually had about 2k. Become the blind person I am I followed an online tutorial on how to fix this and I was told to change bios to run integrated memory through PEG (Dedicated GPU) as it was previously IGFX. I saved and rebooted and now I am greeted to a black screen.
I have tried the following:
Shift Restart for bios
Lenovo keybind for opening bios on startup
Connecting my Laptop to my Lounge TV and an extra monitor that was laying around with the same HDMI cable

I'm really in the dark on what to do here - I'm honestly just willing to hard reset it if possible, please could somebody try help me ASAP

Thanks a lot!

Solution
Reset the BIOS by removing the coin-shaped CMOS battery for two minutes, then put it back.

Be sure to shut down laptop & unplug a/c charger before doing the above.
Mar 31, 2020
I've done so twice and it does not seem to be working, the battery was taped down and so I just removed the connecter from the motherboard itself for about 2 minutes. I'm not sure if bios is the problem?

I think my problem may be different from most people - not even the Lenovo or PC logo shows it just stays black throughout, so I think its a problem with the display.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020
Update even though 1 person has replied: I tried everything that I was suggested on various channels and websites, I've come to the conclusion that my BIOS is corrupted and so I downloaded bios flash and .rom file from Lenovo Support and loaded it onto a USB and let it do its thing on my laptop. Everything is fine now, thank you!!