[SOLVED] Black screen after CHKDSK

Mar 27, 2020
Hello, this is my first post ever on any forum.
I have an emachines e720. Last year the account system got really screwed up when I made a new user (the new user wasn't usable, it just sent me to a blank desktop with nothing except the cursor and the default background, the first user just disappeared from the login screen, and the "Other User" option wouldn't accept the first user's credentials. Safe mode did the same thing). Then I installed Mageia Linux, but it broke on the same day because it went on sleeping while it was updating, then I installed Lubuntu, I accidentaly deleted its partition while trying to delete Mageia's, then I installed Zorin OS 12 Lite, it was kind of fine, but one day when I was trying to log in it sent me to a blank desktop with background, cursor and a blank desktop. Then I tryed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS that I updated to 20.04 later on, but one day it just wouldn't boot (no ubuntu logo, just black screen with nothing on it).
Then I kinda gave up for Linux and checked out the old Windows 7 that I never deleted. I had hopes and dreams that one day I would be able to repair it. Then CHKDSK appeared. I let it do its job, and it started doing something like "Replacing invalid security ID with default security ID for file (insert big fastly changing number here)". It lasted for 1 hour and it did that for around 20000 files. Then it rebooted (saying it had 0 bad kb) and when the login screen was supposed to appear, it didn't. It just displayed a black screen with a movable cursor.
Forgot to mention, I wasn't the first person to ever use that computer. Apparently it wasn't the first time for that weird user situation to occour, (not CHKDSK, but the first problem mentioned here). I never made any recovery disk, and I don't have the Windows 7 cd. As far as I remember that Windows 7 Ultimate was 32 bit.
Apparently I'm not the only user to ever have that CHKDSK situation, other users on other forums have that, but they never found a solution. Maybe. I'm just a 13 year old Italian/Croatian so sorry if I have a bad English and if some of my past actions were dumb.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020
It's a very old and bad laptop, and it was built for Windows Vista. In ormal conditions, it works around 45 and 48 deegrees, and on very fishy situations it gets on 55. I think that after formatting the disk, installing Windows 10, and doing a full hdtune test that temperature was normal (I could be wrong). Anyways, I will purchase a cooling pad. I think the fans work pretty normal (I can hear them spinning). Honestly I don't wanna open up the pc. I never opened up hardware, and I'm afraid I could mess up something. I think cleaning it from inside is not really neccessary.
In case you didn't see, the laptop is a Emachines E720, similiar to one of those Windows XP low-cost Acers.

Honestly I don't wanna open up the pc. I never opened up hardware, and I'm afraid I could mess up something. I think cleaning it from inside is not really neccessary.
If you have never opened it, then it's full of dust for sure.
May be take it to a laptop service center for cleaning.

5ac5d8f6ca00382bf52b482f