Question Black Screen After Clone... Both Drives

Feb 16, 2019
So I have spent hours reading and can't seem to find any solutions. After cloning my old 500GB SSD to my new 1TB SSD both SSD's boot into Windows and show a black screen with the cursor before getting to a login screen or anything. I am fairly certain I unplugged the old drive prior to booting the new drive but I could be wrong. I have tried to rebuild the Boot Manager etc. I have a small SSD with a clean windows install that I can use to run any utilities to try to get the drives to work. I can see that all my information is still on both drives they just seem to have an issue booting. I really don't want to have to start fresh with a new install of windows. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get EITHER the new or old drive working again? Or am I SOL and going to have to start with a fresh install of Windows?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019
if so pop that bitch in and run repair on the partition you have windows installed on the primary storage device, then make sure you have the boot order set in the bios menu

Feb 16, 2019
No it does not proceed properly with just one of the drives attached. I have looked into startup recovery and it looks like I have a bootres.dll corrupt error.