Black Screen after CPU upgrade

Sep 28, 2018
Before i explain the issue, i want to say I've been working with computers for a long time, building them, repairing them and upgrading them, i have tried everything with this and double checked everything, taken everything out and rebuild it eliminating every component.

Recently bought an i5-2500 for €20 from Cex, placed it into my machine and now everytime i boot, i get a black screen, no bios no nothing, machine turns on fine, all fans run and spin, everything, board supports it too from what ive read, bios is updated fully. Its rare i need to come to a forum but you guys are my only hope<3

Its a HP machine cause i sold my main PC till i can afford another.

I can swap out my CPU back to my old pentium g620 and it works fine which leads me to believe its the i5 being faulty.

Specs: (hp p6 2010-uk PC but ive replaced a lot, except motherboard)

Motherboard: H-Cupertino2-H61-uA (Cupertino 2) bios rev - 7.16A

PSU(500w chieftec)

Ram - 1x4GB corsair

Cpu - i5 2500 (originally pentium G620)

Graphics card: AMD HD6870

Ive cleared bios and everything, used jumpers and left the battery out... im going insane, please help.

Sep 28, 2018
@Barty1884 It was confirmed working, it doesn't make any sense!
@TheOriginalRalph I've tried that and many simple things to no avail!
Beginning to think its the cpu being defective!

Sep 28, 2018
CPU works using the integrated graphics, I have no option in the bios to change to my dedicated graphics now so I can only use the onboard, dedicated card spins and is detected in device manager, why won't this output any signal now?

Sep 28, 2018

Definitely sold as confirmed, I can see using the onboard graphics now but I cannot get a signal out of my dedicated gpu? I have used the Pentium G620, I5 2500 and an I3 2120 and none of them allow the dGPU to output video?

TRENDING THREADS