Question Black screen after CPU upgrade

yash.veer.yv26

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
So recently I just upgraded my CPU which was a pentium e5300 2.7 ghz to a core 2 duo e8500 3.0ghz and when I boot up my pc im getting a black screen I'm using a i31+77 series lord electronics motherboard (it's unpopular) I have 2*2gb dual channel 800mhz ddr2 ram sticks and I have A GT 1030 MSI When I power the pc on the fans spin and everything but the screen stays black,turning it off is even more of a challenge if I try to press the power button once it turns off and immediately turns back on same with forcing it to turn off when I'm holding the power button down it turns off for a few seconds then turns on after whether I let go of the button or not I try resetting the CMOS battery but to no avail. I then tried switching ram place ment I took out one ddr2 stick and it turned back on somehow and I got a picture of it
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RMu6hrSPRoSrRbPi8
I had both my keyboard and mouse disconnected so I had to restart my pc to get my keyboard working because it wouldn't work while the mouse was working fine so I restarted it and then it started acting like before