Question Black screen After driver update

Jun 15, 2020
So i had a little frametime problem with my gpu and i decided to flash my gpu bios with my manufacturer version . i watched a tutorial video on how to do that and everything was fine i flashed my gpu bios without any problem until i reached the step where i have to install gpu drivers , during the installation i heard the gpu disconnection sound and the screen went black the only solution to access my desktop is to go to safe mode and disable the driver using device manager and booting in normally please i need a fix asap without the drivers the games run with 1 fps Gpu : Kfa2 rtx 2060 super

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
i'm not familiar with DDU, i've been using driver sweeper so i'll use that as an example. i tried to completely remove everything related to the drivers of my card with DS and for some reason it crashed leaving some files behind and these files prevented me from installing the new drivers. fortunately DS showed what the files and registry entries to be removed were so i could go and remove them manually. if DDU has something like this try seeing if there is something it failed to remove and remove it manually or try getting DS and get the list that way.

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
yeah, i don't understand why the first thing people think to do in case of a problem is to flash the bios. flashing the bios is a move of desperation that should be the last thing you do when EVERYTHING else has failed to work... and even then the possibility that it fixes anything is very small.