Apr 24, 2020
I have a faulty computer. It freezes and/or reboots itself randomly. Sometimes it works fine in a few hours sometimes it won't even last an hour. I have a biostar h110mhc motherboard with a i7-7th gen processor. I bought this setup a year ago without a graphics card. It works fine but after a while I experience lag and sometimes it shuts down when I am working/editing. I know little about computer hardwares and so I thought it was because I am working my computer way too hard. I didn't attempt to return it to get it fix because I was scared as my windows and adobe products are all hacked. They might give me the argument that it happens because I am using fake products and backfire. So I never brought it in the 1 year warranty they've given me. I promised myself to bring it in after buying a license so that wouldn't happen but time goes by and I forgot about it since the case rarely happens. It got worse when I have to move out of my room to give room for my elder brother who stayed home for a while. The random shutdowns got worse/. I thought it was because of my faulty AVR sp I just directly plugged it on to the wall socket. But then one time I have to open up my system unit to put on a new graphics card and RAM I have just bought, I got grounded for a bit. I don't know if I get the term right as I am not a native english speaker but in other words I got slight electricuted even tho I turned off the switch for the socket. It's still plugged but I turned off the wall socket so I thought it's safe. The problem got worst after that. And that's what I am experiencing up until now. I tried my all to pinpoint the problem but I am now left with two suspects. The motherboard or the CPU. But I am desperate to fix it right away as I use this to work from home so I tried everything I could see on the internet. I had this brilliant idea that this is because my bios wasn't updated after refreshing everything. So I tried to to update the bios with a flash drive. But then the problem occurs before it got finished. The system reboots and now it shows nothing. It gives off no beep.

Is there anyway I can help revive this computer on my own? I really want to seek professional help but we're in total lockdown so I can't get anyone to help me fix it.

Solution
Hi,

Getting your BIOS back together will not solve your random resets.
You can get over the BIOS part if you can spend some money on an external flashing tool and following this guide.
Yet, due to restarts, it looks like your best bet is a cheap motherboard (you might need to get a windows key after changing it).
Apr 24, 2020
Thank you so much for this but I think the prior is a no go since I don't have the right equipments and knowledge to do so. I really wish I can do this but I don't have other choice but to wait for this lockdown since I can't buy a new motherboard. Thank you so much for this suggestion tho. I can still revive this motherboard by looking for the right expert to take care of it. I only got one reply and it's the reply I needed. Thank you-