[SOLVED] black screen after flashing bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2019
i have a msi b450 gaming plus motherboard. i tried flowing the boss through the flashback+ method so i connected the usb and then pressed the button. after the flashback led flashed a few times it stopped and then nothing happened. it's supposed to restart but it's just starting there with everything on and the screen is just black. i tried pressing the power and the restart buttons but nothing happened so i turned the pcu off. when i turned it on and pressed the power button the mb turns on and the fans start turning but the screen is still black. i tried the clear cmos jumper and removing the battery. finally i tired reflashing the bios with an older version but it didn't work. I'm really lost please help

Have you renamed the BIOS file? USB drive FAT32 formatted?
Before updating: Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI® website and rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM. And then, save the MSI.ROM file to the root of USB flash drive. Important Only the FAT32 format USB flash drive supports updating BIOS by Flash BIOS Button. 1. Connect power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No other components are necessary but power supply.) 2. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on rear I/O panel. 3. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED next to the button starts flashing. 4. After the flashing BIOS process is 100% completed, the LED would be off simultaneously

Aug 13, 2019
yup the usb is fat32 and i have renamed the file i followed the instructions to the letter my specs are
msi b450 gaming plus motherboard
ryzen 5 2600 processor
hyperX 16gb(8+8) ram(it is fully compatible with mb)
geforce gtx 1660ti gpu

Aug 13, 2019
i tried without any ram and it didn't work will try with one stick in the morning I'm using the hdmi port and no there's absolutely no response from the screen on startup though the leds in the mb turn on normally

Status
Not open for further replies.