Question Black screen after getting "video_scheduler_internal_error"

Wolfxmw

Commendable
Apr 18, 2021
Hello guys, I was playing Valorant when my display suddenly artifacted and audio froze. After a few moments I had a BSOD saying "video_scheduler_internal_error" and that windows was collecting information about the error. As it reached 100% and wasn't rebooting the system I panicked and hard reset my system. After this my GPU just gives a black screen. I tried reseating my GPU but it didn't work. I had a spare GPU and popped it inside my system and it works fine. The secondary GPU is an HD 5670 that requires no PCI-E power but the primary one which is giving me the problem is an MSI GTX 1060 3GB OC. Any help would be appreciated!

My System specs:
Processor: Ryzen 5 1400
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3GT OC
Motherboard: MSI B350M Bazooka
RAM: SK-Hynix 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz
PSU: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? I'd suspect your PSU is now unable to deliver power to the entire system when you have a GTX1060 in said system. See if you can source a donor PSU that's reliably built and has at least 550W of power for the entire build.

Reactions: Wolfxmw

Wolfxmw

Commendable
Apr 18, 2021
How old is the PSU in your build? I'd suspect your PSU is now unable to deliver power to the entire system when you have a GTX1060 in said system. See if you can source a donor PSU that's reliably built and has at least 550W of power for the entire build.

Thanks for the reply! I suspect my PSU as well because my previous card an RX 570 XFX also died without any reason. I'll pop my GPU in my friend's system and hopefully it'll work and if it does then my PSU is the culprit, will update soon! One thing to note is that the GPU's fan keep spinning and I initially get no signal. But after a few moments I get a signal but a black screen. My keyboard and mouse also light up late.

Wolfxmw

Commendable
Apr 18, 2021
Ok, so I put my GPU in my friend's system and the same happens to his system too. The GPU fans are spinning, the monitor gets a signal but it's a black screen. So, tell me if my GPU is gone :(

Wolfxmw

Commendable
Apr 18, 2021
I can try to flash the GPU and see if it works, should I do that is the real question here.

Latest posts