Black Screen after high CPU temperature

raya2

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Today When I booted to windows 10, After some minutes, Suddenly Mouse & keyboard stopped working. I restrated the PC with reset button & went to the BIOS & checked the monitoring section. There I saw that temperature of CPU is too high (more than 80c) & after some seconds, the PC gets shut down autamatically. After some seconds I turned on the PC & go to the monitoring section of BIOS again. The temperature of CPU started from 55c & went up very fast, And when reached to 84c, the PC gets shut down automatically again.

I checked the CPU fan but it was spinning normally, Opened the CPU fan, & I though maybe its bcuz the lack of Thermal grease. Grabbed some Thermal grease and used some over CPU fan. Put back the fan & turned on the PC. But this time, the screen of monitor is black (All black & without any blinking indicator or something) & It won't even goes to the BIOS now. I then removed all the RAMs & tried them one by one, But got no luck. Even changed the GPU, but nothing happened.

CPU: i7 930
MB: AsRock X58 Extreme3 (Last BIOS)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair (DDR3) + 2x2GB Patriot (DDR3)

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

raya2

Distinguished
May 25, 2010

I cleaned it & applied new paste again But still the same black screen.

The LED on MB shows 00 number that means there is something wrong with CPU. Also some sections of CPU is a little darker than other parts. Does this mean that CPU is dead?

TRENDING THREADS