Question Black screen after installing graphic drivers

Feb 12, 2019
Its all working perfectly I am playing Destiny 2 at very low setting suddenly PC freeze and I need to hard reset my PC after restarting bios logo appeared windows logo appeared with dots sniping loading screen after that screen going to black nothing appear so I did restart my pc go to safe mode (which is working) uninstall amd graphics driver then I can go to windows normally with no problem,

Now again I am install AMD graphics driver when pc going to detect the graphics card while installing the black screen appeared again.

so I decide to do a clean install windows 10, I did installing successfully at this time the graphics card running on the Microsoft basic graphics driver, now again when I am going to install the AMD graphics driver the black screen appeared again while detecting the graphics driver.

Reboot won't fix the problem windows loading sniping dots appeared and then the black screen.

The graphics is fine I guess, the graphics is working on the Microsoft basic Display Driver but not working on the amd graphics driver (black screen appeared).

I did install the gpu driver via devices manager without installing the whole amd graphics software but no hope black screen again after restarting.

Im using:
CPU - AMD athlon x4 830
GPU - AMD radeon r7 250 powercolor
MB - Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A68HM-S1
OS - Windows 10 x64 Version 1809
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F1, 14-Nov-14

PS.
Text is copied from : https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...lem-after-installing-graphics-driver.3351701/
Because exact same thing happened to me and i tried everything he did(beside trying gpu on other pc)
Solution on that thread dont seems to works for me.

Feb 12, 2019
If you were having image artifacts at startup and clean windows setup did not help, need to test a known good video card in your system and try your card in another system to see where the issue is. Probably a bad card.
I got nvidia gt210 from friend but when i want to install drivers i got message "nvidia the graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"
I deleted all previous drivers in safe mode.
I can use pc with my graphic card inside i just cant install drivers.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Umm... yeah, that could be anything (software, psu, cpu, pci slot, mobo, dead graphics...)

That won't be much help and probably won't resolve Your problem, but firts what i would check would be:

* PSU - what do You have? Maybe it struggles to keep Your video card at full load?

* Temperatures on Your graphics - maybe it overheats? Did You check the temperatures and fans? Have You cleaned the dust recently?

* CPU temp at stress

Maybe it's a lot of dust in Your rig and that causes the problems at full load (overheat)

After checking that, keep in mind that 'windows safe mode' doesn't load a lot of drivers, including graphics drivers. It uses some standard display drivers which are no use in games.

When You install card drivers, windows starts using it's full potential/memory/core etc.
If this is the moment, that You are getting black screen, probably Your card might be dead for good. Screen freezes and hard reboots usually happens when You overheat the card/CPU.

If it's working for some time before it goes black, check the temps and dust on CPU/GPU/tower filters. try another drivers too.

Last edited: