[SOLVED] Black Screen After Installing New GPU

MHMDGaMeR47

Commendable
Aug 16, 2019
Hello my friends
I have a black screen problem after installing a new screen card is AMD HD 6870 but after a while I knew that I have an old motherboard Simmtronics and after I bought H61m-s2pv rev 2.2 and processor i3-2100 and ram 4gb but still black screen

My Spec
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870 New
CPU: I3-2100 New
PSU:LitePower 650w New
MBR: H61m-s2pv rev 2.2 New
Ram:4gb

I Used dvi-a to vga Monitor
Please, can you help me

Solution
Did you check to make sure the port on the GPU is actually a DVI-A port? It could be that you are using a cale not compatible with your graphics card, because as mentioned by someone above, not many GPU's come with DVI-A port, most come with DVI-D, older ones could come with DVI-I. Try using a different cable, preferable a VGA to VGA if your GPU has a VGA port. Or, try using a converter for HDMI to VGA.
Make sure you plugged the monitor cable into the GPU video port, not the motherboard video ports - the motherboard ports are for integrated graphics, which get disabled when you install a dedicated GPU. If that is not the issue, make sure that the required power connectors for the GPU are plugged in or not. An HD 6870 requires 2 6-pin power connectors, they will come directly from the power supply, and may be labelled PCI-E or GPU or VGA.

If none of these work, remove the GPU and plug the monitor cable into the motherboard port, see if the integrated graphics give you a display or not.

MHMDGaMeR47

Commendable
Aug 16, 2019
Make sure you plugged the monitor cable into the GPU video port, not the motherboard video ports - the motherboard ports are for integrated graphics, which get disabled when you install a dedicated GPU. If that is not the issue, make sure that the required power connectors for the GPU are plugged in or not. An HD 6870 requires 2 6-pin power connectors, they will come directly from the power supply, and may be labelled PCI-E or GPU or VGA.

If none of these work, remove the GPU and plug the monitor cable into the motherboard port, see if the integrated graphics give you a display or not.

But a graphics card fan works and every cable is installed on a graphics card
But Graphics Card old monitor operates a normal amd hd 5450

But a graphics card fan works and every cable is installed on a graphics card
But Graphics Card old monitor operates a normal amd hd 5450
Then either your power supply is not providing enough power to the GPU, or the GPU itself is faulty. Install your older GPU and boot the system, then try installing the latest drivers for the HD 6870, and then put the 6870 back in, see if that helps. Otherwise, you'll have to get the GPU replaced or buy a different one.

MHMDGaMeR47

Commendable
Aug 16, 2019
Then either your power supply is not providing enough power to the GPU, or the GPU itself is faulty. Install your older GPU and boot the system, then try installing the latest drivers for the HD 6870, and then put the 6870 back in, see if that helps. Otherwise, you'll have to get the GPU replaced or buy a different one.

Of possible be cause DVI-A to vga
A video card that needs to dvi-i /dvi-d(dl)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Graphic cards generally don't come with DVI-A ports. It's either DVI-D (digital only) ir DVI-I (both analog and digital). The HD 6870 often came with two DVI ports and in some cases, one DVI-D and one DVI-I. If this is your case, make sure the cable is plugged into the DVI-I port (has four pin holes surrounding the "+".

-Wolf sends

MHMDGaMeR47

Commendable
Aug 16, 2019
AMD launched the Radeon HD 6870 in October 2010, so it is hardly a new card. It requires 500 watts of power so your good there. You might want to check out where it's been for the past nine years.

Power Supply works well
Of possible be cause DVI-A to vga
A video card that needs to dvi-i /dvi-d(dl)

MHMDGaMeR47

Commendable
Aug 16, 2019
Graphic cards generally don't come with DVI-A ports. It's either DVI-D (digital only) ir DVI-I (both analog and digital). The HD 6870 often came with two DVI ports and in some cases, one DVI-D and one DVI-I. If this is your case, make sure the cable is plugged into the DVI-I port (has four pin holes surrounding the "+".

-Wolf sends

Cause I have a black screen from cable dvi-a to vga

May 2, 2019
Not sure if this will help you or not but I changed to a GTX960 from a GTX750ti and it just wouldn't work no signal/fan spin from the card when I switched the PSU on.

I figured my OCZ 500W PSU wasn't good enough however everything worked fine until I tried to power the 960 and the recommended minimum for that card is 400w so it should have worked.

I changed to a Cooler Master 550W semi-modular psu and the GTX960 worked straight away.

Reactions: MHMDGaMeR47

MHMDGaMeR47

Commendable
Aug 16, 2019
Not sure if this will help you or not but I changed to a GTX960 from a GTX750ti and it just wouldn't work no signal/fan spin from the card when I switched the PSU on.

I figured my OCZ 500W PSU wasn't good enough however everything worked fine until I tried to power the 960 and the recommended minimum for that card is 400w so it should have worked.

I changed to a Cooler Master 550W semi-modular psu and the GTX960 worked straight away.

But when you insert the igp actuation cable is normal but in the graphics card does not

I went for the BIOS changed from IGFX to PEG but No Signal

Did you check to make sure the port on the GPU is actually a DVI-A port? It could be that you are using a cale not compatible with your graphics card, because as mentioned by someone above, not many GPU's come with DVI-A port, most come with DVI-D, older ones could come with DVI-I. Try using a different cable, preferable a VGA to VGA if your GPU has a VGA port. Or, try using a converter for HDMI to VGA.

Solution