Question Black Screen after ROG BIOS

Dec 3, 2020
I have my computer for several years now and was using it regularly yesterday as usual, But when I had a quick restart, the boot started to have a loop after my ROG BIOS icon, the screen just turns full black. All internals seems to be working (GPU & fans lights up normaly). I checked the motherboard Q Code and it is stuck on A6 (waiting to boot). Ive tried changing some BIOS configuration, such as boot priority, but none seems to function, later I've created a bootable windows on a USB to try to repair the system, but it gets stuck on the same arror (and on A0- IDE initialization is started - in some instances). I also tried repluging my GPU, RAMs as well as my SSD (which contains windows) but nothing have worked so far. The last thing I've done before I restarted my computer were: I pluged in a new monitor in a displayport (now 2 monitors were pluged in), and installed a Nvidia update. Do you have any clue of what/where this problem could be?

Specs
Motherboard - Maximus VIII Ranger
GPU - Zotac GTX 1070 TI
CPU - Intel i7 6700k (auto/no overclock)
RAM - HyperX 16 gb DDR4
Storage - Kingston uv400 240gb SSD
BIOS version - 3802 x64 (most recent, updated 03/12)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, we need you to post the specs to your system in order to understand what you're working with. Did you try disconnecting from the wall and then removing the CMOS battery from the board? You might want to also see what BIOS version you're currently on.

Dec 3, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, we need you to post the specs to your system in order to understand what you're working with. Did you try disconnecting from the wall and then removing the CMOS battery from the board? You might want to also see what BIOS version you're currently on.
Hi! Already made the necessary updates! I took out the CMOS battery with my GPU & RAM attempt, but had no success. My BIOS version is 1601 x64

TRENDING THREADS