Question Black screen after trying to open BIOS settinga

Kerem_2

Reputable
Nov 7, 2016
Hello hello,

So today my new ssd finally arrived and I was excited to install windows 10 on it which I couldn't because I can't access my BIOS settings no matter what. I've basically done everything I could find and nothing really worked. The thing is, the PC boots normally, it's just when I try to access BIOS settings it just gives black screen.

What I've tried:
Reset cmos/BIOS settings
Changed screen resolution(had helped previously)
Tried flash bios but couldn't because I don't have the button on my board (msi z97 gaming 3)
Tried to install the latest bios version with live update 6
Tried to force open bios
Tried to connect HDMI/vga on the new gpu with new monitor
Tried to connect HDMI/vga on the motherboard with the new monitor
Tried to connect vga on the new gpu with old monitor
Tried to connect vga on the old gpu with old monitor
Tried connecting HDMI/vga with old gpu on the new monitor

And right now I'm out of ideas.

I hope someone can help

Kerem_2

Reputable
Nov 7, 2016
@Kerem_2 Hello!
I have the same situation. When I try to enter UEFI, I get a black screen.
I took the battery out of the motherboard to reset the settings but that did not help me. I could not go to UEFI. I turned off the monitor and I was able to download Windows 10.
But I have a motherboard from ASUS (z97-c).
As I understand it, you need to flash the BIOS.
Yes that's what I understood from others suggestions as well but the thing is I can't even do that. Because from what I understand, to be able to flash bios, you need to go into bios and select m-flash which I can't do because, well, that's the whole point of my problem. Or apparently you can do it via a button allocated on the motherboard which my motherboard doesn't seem to have, or maybe I missed it, I don't know for sure. But at least I don't see such button. So yeah...