[SOLVED] Black screen after turning off integrated gpu through bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2021
Edit: Good news - it worked after removing the power of my dGpu. And my problem with the dGpu is a whole another issue, so you may close this thread.
Thanks very much for the help.

Hello. I turned off my integrated gpu (intel hd 4600) from bios (I have a Gigabyte motherboard), suddenly I got a black screen. I tried to turn my pc off and on, still black screen. I tried to take out the motherboard battery and put it back again (I read on the internet that it can reset bios), but it didn't help. What should I do?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021
By the way, when I turn on my PC my keyboard doesnt work either (like he's not connected, not showing a light). Is it normal? All I did was turning off integrated gpu from the bios, I didn't know it would turn out like this

Dec 14, 2021
I will try it tomorrow, thanks.
I have a dGpu) amd, but my pc wont detect it (its shown on device manager though, but with error code 43). Does it make sense that taking out the battery didn't help? It was supposed to reset the bios and therefore solve the problem.

Dec 14, 2021
A little update: My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
I tried to take out the battery and place it again, I also tried to touch 2 pins with a screwdriver for a couple seconds (according to this ( https://www.manualslib.com/manual/692847/Gigabyte-Ga-Z97-D3h.html?page=30 ) , didn't help. Still black screen.

Some notes maybe I should mention:
-It all happened after simply turning off my integrated GPU from the bios. I do have a dGpu, and I think its working (my pc detected him on device manager and I still see his light on and fans working when I turn on my pc, but its not active for some reason, thats why I tried to turn off the iGpu.
-[When I turn on my pc now, in addition to the black screen my keyboard doesn't work either (I don't see the light on) edit: I noticed that when I turn on the pc its light is actually on but once I press a key it turns off.]

The only thing I didn't try yet is taking out the dGpu and see if it helped. Its kind of urgent so I'll appreciate any ideas that could help.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021
Good news - it worked after removing the power of my dGpu. And my problem with the dGpu is a whole another issue, so you may close this thread.
Thanks very much for the help.

Dec 14, 2021
The reason I left it as a last option is because yesterday my PC worked just fine with the dGpu on. It just didn't detected it for some reason (althought he was seen in device manager), and everything got messed up after turning off the iGpu in bios. Now it doesn't work with the dGpu on. I'm really confused about it. But I'll open a thread at the Graphics forum, at least my PC runs again

Status
Not open for further replies.