Question Black screen after uninstalling drivers

typicaltyronee

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
Hi, so I was going to update my driver's for my AMD graphics card, first I uninstalled all the old files, then it recommended a restart so I did only for my screen to not turn back on. I've tried spamming F8 to get into safe mode on boot up. Also I've tried switching my hdmi from my graphics card to my motherboard. Help please!

pard976

Reputable
Aug 1, 2018
Did you try to boot on the integrated graphics?

try removing the gpu first to the system cause u uninstalled it as well, and try to boot on the integrated graphics.

typicaltyronee

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
Did you try to boot on the integrated graphics?

try removing the gpu first to the system cause u uninstalled it as well, and try to boot on the integrated graphics.

Yeah I just tried that and even tried resetting cmos by removing the battery on the motherboard. And I've tried plugging it in with a VGA cable to a old monitor, still no signal.

typicaltyronee

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
It seems the problem started with "all the old files" being uninstalled.

I suggest posting your system specs. I wouldn't know what "all the old files" consist of. You may need to reinstall the OS.
Alright, let me jump on my laptop so I can get you a copy of all my specs. Sorry I'm just getting into PCs so I couldn't tell you exactly what the files were I just know it was what popped up with the uninstall selection through amd. There were 3 different ones. I don't know if that helps