Question Black screen after updating BIOS x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming

Jan 7, 2020
Firstly, I apologize for the quality of my English, my native language is Portuguese.

My computer specs:
Motherboard Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
CPU Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM Kingston HyperX 16 GB (8 + 8)
GPU Gainward NVidia GeForce 1660 Super
PSU EVGA 850 BQ
Kingston SSD 240 GB (system disk) + 2TB hard disk

So, about the problem I've been facing ...
About a month and a half ago I got another 8GB RAM stick and then switched GPU. I decided to update my motherboard BIOS after suffering some system crashes (BSoDs). I was trying to update Bios to the latest version, but it automatically returned to the factory version (F3). so I opted for an intermediate version (F6, neither the oldest nor the newest). The BSoDs stopped, but whenever I turned off the computer I was forced to use my mobo dual Bios switch (power button + reset button pressed together for about 10s) and use the "backup bios". So today, to solve this problem, I tried to upgrade to Bios to F30 version, which requires upgrading the Chipset as described on Gigabyte website. Result: I've been staring at a black screen for almost 8 hours and can't find a solution. No image, no post, nothing. The mobo doesn't have a speaker, so no sound either...
A right status led jumps from CPU to DRAM, all coolers are working, the lights are on, the Aorus' logo too (sometimes not), USB ports working... What can I do?

I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance

What I already tried:
  1. Removed the battery for 10 minutes
  2. Use the Clear CMOS Jumper
  3. Use a flash drive to install a previous bios version with EfiFlash
  4. Reset RAM and processor by removing them from and inserted again
  5. Exchange the video card for an old one I had (very old, really really very old). I lent the video card I was using to a friend of mine
  6. Removed all hardware from the motherboard and left only the processor and RAM on

Memory modules sold as Single modules have no guarantee to work in any configuration other than as a Single module.

You can see the result of using multiple combinations of them. The problem is your choice of memory.

Clearing the CMOS without disconnecting the power from the wall outlet can damage the motherboard.

Jan 7, 2020
Memory modules sold as Single modules have no guarantee to work in any configuration other than as a Single module.

You can see the result of using multiple combinations of them. The problem is your choice of memory.

Clearing the CMOS without disconnecting the power from the wall outlet can damage the motherboard.

Thank you for your reply.
But it doesn't post even with only 1 memory stick. And it was working properly before I bought the second stick. I used this computer for 8 months without a problem.
And every time I tried something to clear the CMOS I disconnected the power from the wall and the 24 pin chord from the mobo. The "Power+reset buttons thing" is to activate the backup Bios, since this motherboard has the dual bios function and doesn't have a switch to change between them.

Last edited: