Question Black screen after updating graphic card drivers

Jul 8, 2021
I got a black screen during updating gpu drivers I booted it up again and when windows loads up it freezes with black screen. In device manager it’s just named Microsoft display adapter before it showed the name 7870 HD the name of the graphic card but I wasn’t able to play cause my computer didn’t recognize it so I updated it there on device manager and that’s when I got Microsoft display adapter so I downloaded the drivers for it ended up getting black screen I deleted the drivers and I get same Microsoft display adapter what can be the problem?

So, you just bought the GPU?
If not, did it ever worked on this system?
The fact that the drivers can not be installed points directly to a faulty GPU.
Full system specs along with windows version, bios version and exact make and model of PSU?

Jul 8, 2021
So, you just bought the GPU?
If not, did it ever worked on this system?
The fact that the drivers can not be installed points directly to a faulty GPU.
Full system specs along with windows version, bios version and exact make and model of PSU?
I bought this gpu for fun to see if I can fix it for $12 it was dead and I brought it back to life with a heat gun and isopropyl alcohol since water fell on it from what the owner told me. it had artifacts and I used the heat gun again getting rid of them. One thing I notice when it goes to black screen the gpu heats up one of the fans don’t spin only when booted so idk if that can be the case