• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Black screen after waking from sleep

trashbag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
Not really sure where to post this, but here goes.

I updated my GPU drivers (GeForce) to 344.11 after a year (I think I had 320 something before? It was released July 2013). Everything works fine except when the computer is coming out of sleep. Upon trying to wake up from sleep I get a black screen'd monitor with unresponsive mouse+keyboard and I have to turn the power off via the power button.

What's weird is sometimes upon restarting, I get "resuming windows" instead of the usual "starting windows", which is definitely abnormal since my power button was always set to turn the computer off instead of hibernating.

I already tried turning off hybrid sleep and set hibernate to "never" but nothing works.

Granted that this is only an issue since I can't use the sleep function and have to shut down every day but either way I'd like to get this solved.

PS: I can't be 100% certain it's a GPU driver issue but considering it started happening right after a GPU update I think it's safe to assume it's the cause. And yes, I've ran virus scans. Nothing.

PPS: System Restore is not an option, the earliest restore point I have currently is still after the driver update.

PPPS: GPU is 760, monitor is Asus VS238H. The latter still displays as "generic PnP monitor", if that changes anything.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.