Black screen after waking from sleep

trashbag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
Not really sure where to post this, but here goes.

I updated my GPU drivers (GeForce) to 344.11 after a year (I think I had 320 something before? It was released July 2013). Everything works fine except when the computer is coming out of sleep. Upon trying to wake up from sleep I get a black screen'd monitor with unresponsive mouse+keyboard and I have to turn the power off via the power button.

What's weird is sometimes upon restarting, I get "resuming windows" instead of the usual "starting windows", which is definitely abnormal since my power button was always set to turn the computer off instead of hibernating.

I already tried turning off hybrid sleep and set hibernate to "never" but nothing works.

Granted that this is only an issue since I can't use the sleep function and have to shut down every day but either way I'd like to get this solved.

PS: I can't be 100% certain it's a GPU driver issue but considering it started happening right after a GPU update I think it's safe to assume it's the cause. And yes, I've ran virus scans. Nothing.

PPS: System Restore is not an option, the earliest restore point I have currently is still after the driver update.

PPPS: GPU is 760, monitor is Asus VS238H. The latter still displays as "generic PnP monitor", if that changes anything.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.