Question Black Screen After Windows and Bios Update

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015
I was watching videos last night and chrome kept freezing so I installed an antivirus and did a restart. During this restart windows did an update and then my bios did an update (I did not do this myself, it somehow happened automatically?). Once the update finished it asked me if I wanted to enable a bios setting that was required for windows11. I said yes assuming that I would want to update in the future and after it rebooted, I have had a blackscreen when it boots to windows ever since.
The screen works as the HP logo appears and I have mashed F10 to get into the bios. I did turn off the tpm setting (which I found out is what it turned on) in the bois but this didnt help. When it reaches the part where windows should be on my screen, the screen is black, no cursor or buttons to be seen. Windows is 100% loading as I have turned on narrator and navigated through menus using the tab button and enter. Google told me to just click the restart button and that would work but it didn't help. Ive tried to boot to safe mode but haven't successfully managed to do this yet as narrator doesn't work in the menu where you select it. I have ensured my ssd is the top of the boot priority list but this hasn't helped.
Narrator seems to have also packed it in and no longer turns on when I press Windows + ctrl + enter. My laptop is a hp 14-ck0989na.

Any ideas for what I should try next?

I was thinking I could try roll back windows but that seems hard to do without being able to see anything

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015
Uninstalled the windows update using narrator (I think it was the right one), reset my bios back to default settings and then reset windows via the recovery page. None of which worked. I would have tried to "go back to previous version but the button was "greyed out" (not that I could see it).