Question Black screen after Windows logo (even when I get Windows to boot after 10 minutes I get black screen)

brutes78

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to repair a PC. So my sister was using her PC just fine and then she said she had a purple screen in the morning when trying to use it for school and she tried restarting it. Well here comes another problem. The PC went to black screen after Windows logo and keyboard is not lighting up like it's not even connected. Somehow I managed to do a clean install of Windows and everything was going fine. So I started downloading drivers and everything and then all of a sudden the PC goes to black screen, keyboard not responding. I'm trying to figure out what is the cause of this.
Graphic card is Sapphire 7870
I5 3570K is the CPU

Tried switching to onboard graphic card and still have the black screen.
From CMD (Windows recovery) I ran CHKDSK /F /R and the test was ok.

Help me please.
Thanks in advance for your help.

brutes78

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
A quick update. Friend borrowed me his graphic card and after putting it in for now everything is ok. How can Windows crash due to bad graphic card? I tried switching to built in graphic card but it didn't work. Also I managed to boot the pc for a small period of time and then the problem got back.

After putting new graphicc ard everything is working fine for now. Can it be because of graphic card?

Thanks