[SOLVED] Black screen and buzzing sound

Mar 1, 2019
My system Core i5-4590 , Gigabyte B85 + MSI Armor RX 570

When I playing a game (Metro Exodus & COD WW2) suddenly screen goes into black screen and freeze with buzzing sound from the speaker
First time it happened with WW2..(2 hours of game play) I thought that was a faulty PSU (FSP Hexa+ 550) and I change it..Then I bought a SeaSonic Focus Plus 650W Gold

Next time I was playing Metro Exodus same thing happened

When that thing happens I remove the power cable from the wall socket and restart again..System boots perfectly and can run games as usual

What is caused for this problem

My mother board is brand new (Recently I changed my faulty Motherboard)
My RX 570 Graphic card is lightly used and still 2 years warranty left
My suspect is the HDD (Seagate ST200 2TB HDD YOM 2015 Made in China)

I live in Sri Lanka (tropical country) and room temperature is around 30-35 celcius)

Is that really a faulty HDD or Heating issue (Sorry for my bad English)

Update : my PC keep crashing..Should I change the GPU ?

Last edited:
Solution
when it happens again check the event viewer log. If it's a Kernel power error then it's the PSU/power outlet.
If it's something else it will also help you troubleshoot.
you can also check the log backwards if you remember the time it happened.
I just under volt the gpu by -6 and use another 8 pin power module..problem fixed

Andrei N

Honorable
Feb 22, 2016
at first it does sound like a faulty HDD but, I've had this issue and it's PSU related. If your PSU is not certified just replace it, otherwise you can try cleaning it.
Since you said that you had a faulty motherboard it might've been caused by a faulty PSU that you are still using now.

Mar 1, 2019
at first it does sound like a faulty HDD but, I've had this issue and it's PSU related. If your PSU is not certified just replace it, otherwise you can try cleaning it.
Since you said that you had a faulty motherboard it might've been caused by a faulty PSU that you are still using now.
I recently bought brand new Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650..The problem was same with my old PSU (FSP Hexa+ 550)

I checked my hard disk with Hard disk Sentinel software and both of my hard disks are in excellent condition

I saw some you tube videos..Is that a faulty Graphic Card ? Should I change it ?

Andrei N

Honorable
Feb 22, 2016
when it happens again check the event viewer log. If it's a Kernel power error then it's the PSU/power outlet.

Mar 1, 2019
I just under volt the gpu by -6 and use another 8 pin power module..problem fixed

Solution