[SOLVED] Black screen and can’t hard reset

Aug 6, 2020
Hi
I have a gigabyte aero 15 laptop which I have only had for 3 months.
I turned my laptop on this morning and it won’t start. Well the keyboard and fan and USB ports work fine and start up but I’m stuck on a black screen. I have tried changing ram and ssd and cmos battery and I have tried plugging in a external screen with out any success.
When the problem started i hadn’t changed any settings or made any hardware changes.
I also can’t turn it off my holding the reset button as it just turns back on straight after.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
If you have another computer or your friend has one, remove your dead laptop's hard drive, install Rufus and install a live version of Ubuntu to your flash drive (if you have one or your friends have one)

Lutfij

Titan
If you can try powering the laptop up and then power it off, consecutively 3 times, you should be able to see a message that you disk needs repairing. If that doesn't happen, see if disassembling the laptop with the battery disconnected and disconnected from the wall, with the power button depressed for 30 seconds helps.

Use an eraser on the gold contacts of the rams and wipe clean before repopulating them in the slots on the laptop. You could change the slots in which they occupy.

Aug 6, 2020
If you can try powering the laptop up and then power it off, consecutively 3 times, you should be able to see a message that you disk needs repairing. If that doesn't happen, see if disassembling the laptop with the battery disconnected and disconnected from the wall, with the power button depressed for 30 seconds helps.

Use an eraser on the gold contacts of the rams and wipe clean before repopulating them in the slots on the laptop. You could change the slots in which they occupy.
[/QUOTE

Just tried it. Still having the same problem

whateverami

Great
Sep 8, 2020
If you have another computer or your friend has one, remove your dead laptop's hard drive, install Rufus and install a live version of Ubuntu to your flash drive (if you have one or your friends have one)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS