Question Black screen, and gpu fan speed at 100% ?

Dec 29, 2020
Hello everyone!

So I just started to play games like valorant and GTA 5 in my set up. But ever since, my monitor screen keeps on blacking out and my gpu fan speed is at 100%. After seconds of having a black screen, i can hear an error sound in the background but I cant tell what it is because my screen is black. + I cant do anything with the black screen unless I force restart my pc.

Here are my specs:
  • MSI B450M PRO-M2
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • GTX 1660 GALAX
  • 2x8 TridentZ 3200mHz
  • (NEW - just now) Seasonic Core GM-620 80+ Gold // (OLD) EVGA 450BV 80+ BRONZE
and my monitor is HKC 24" 144hz.

Here's what i have done so far:
  • Reset OS
  • Reinstalled drivers
  • Reinstalled valorant
  • BIOS settings reset
  • Buying a new power supply.
As of now, after of these crashes keep on occuring, I have my GPU undervolted with MSI Afterburner for temporary fix. But I still have to fix this, I've got to use all the power of what I've payed for.

Please let me know if you guys have ideas how to fix this. I'm Open for questions.

I also hope that professionals would also talk. Big thanks!

Similar thing happened to me in March.I have a R9 380 4gb,and a garbage 10$ 500W psu.I was playing csgo and then all of a sudden black screen and the pc is still running.After 10seconds i shut down my pc and when i wanted to boot it up,it wouldnt turn on.I bought a new psu and the problem is gone.But that didnt seem to help you.
Do those things happen only in those 2 games,or in every slighty demanding task?
Also what are the temps of both GPU and CPU?

Dec 29, 2020
Similar thing happened to me in March.I have a R9 380 4gb,and a garbage 10$ 500W psu.I was playing csgo and then all of a sudden black screen and the pc is still running.After 10seconds i shut down my pc and when i wanted to boot it up,it wouldnt turn on.I bought a new psu and the problem is gone.But that didnt seem to help you.
Do those things happen only in those 2 games,or in every slighty demanding task?
Also what are the temps of both GPU and CPU?

I believe this is not about the temps of GPU and CPU because it happens even when the PC have been just turned on. It happens in valorant when there is this a high graphics material, or splash graphics material going on. In GTA V i cant even play after loading screen lol

What do you think this is? cable? power cord?

Dec 29, 2020
bump to read answer as I had this happen before on 2080 super and just returned. Might be some psu underpower or something faulty.

This cant be a psu problem, might be the cord(s), monitor, or whatelse. I really dont know lol i have done everything I could do to make a solution, I guess. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is. Im so frutrated.