Question Black screen and input not working when graphics card added

Helpmeplease345

Commendable
Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys, I just got a gtx 1650 at CanadaComputers because it was on sale,. I have an old acer aspire i7-2600 that I'm trying to upgrade, and they told me that it was compatible with my IPISB-VR motherboard. When I got it it seemed to fit perfectly and there was no trouble, but when I open my computer, the screens black and any input from my mouse and keyboard doesn't work. Taking out the graphics card makes everything work normally. I also disabled my Intel HD graphics in the display adapters if that helps.

Maybe the gtx 1650 isn't compatible with my motherboard? Does anyone know why my computer does this?

It could be a motherboard compatibility issue, but first of all, what's the last BIOS version/date of this system ? Which PSU do you have? Did you insert the GPU on the PCI Express x16 slot of your Motherboard ?

Also, which OS are you using ? Does your computer support Windows 10 OS ? When the screen turns black, can you still hear the Windows 10 OS loading sound in the background ?

Try to boot in LEGACY Mode.

Last edited:

Helpmeplease345

Commendable
Jul 25, 2019
It could be a motherboard compatibility issue, but first of all, what's the last BIOS version/date of this system ? Which PSU do you have? Did you insert the GPU on the PCI Express x16 slot of your Motherboard ?

Also, which OS are you using ? Does your computer support Windows 10 OS ? When the screen turns black, can you still hear the Windows 10 OS loading sound in the background ?

Hey there, thanks for the reply. I'm using an american megatrends as of 2011 October 31. I have a 450W power supply, which I know is enough. I'm sure that I've inserted the graphics card correctly, and I'm using windows 10. I don't hear the windows booting up when it happens.

I'd also like to say that I've swapped out the 1650 with an rx 570, and it has the exact same problem, so we can rule out the graphics card as the criminal.

Edit: Yes, I inserted my GPU in the pci express x16 slot

Last edited:

Helpmeplease345

Commendable
Jul 25, 2019

Sorry, I forgot to say that I'm using PO2-A2 version of the bios. Also, when the graphics card is in the slot, the computer turns on and the fans start spinning, but monitor has no detection and any input from the keyboard and mouse doesn't do anything.