Question black screen and post beep

Jan 11, 2020
i just switched pc case, from an old thermaltake to Chieftec Scorpion 2. everything was working perfectly in the old pc case. when i switched i was carefull and did not touch anything without anti static bond. after i installed eeverything in the new case the pc did boot up but there was no POST beep (normally there is a green Boot, DRAM, CPU and VGA light on bootup on the motherboard, but now there is no lights at all on the Boot, DRAM, CPU and VGA led light) and there was nothing on the screen but the other mobo and gpu leds and fans was on.

I have tried to take everything out and put it back in, switched cables, take out cmos battery, startup without the Gpu, using only vga or hdmi, use the vga port of the motherboard instead of the gup vga. every cable is in correctly and ram and cpu etc is in correctly. I searched around the internet to find a solution but i didnt find one. could anyone please help me out?
my specs are:

GPU=geforce GTX 1060 3gb.
1 pre installed 120 mm chieftec fan
360mm enermax liqfusion watercooler.
motherboard=asus z390-a prime
PSU=corsair RM850W
CPU= intel icore i7-9700K
1 1 tb samsung ssd
1 500 gb hdd
ram= 4 8 gb hyperx

Jan 11, 2020
update: it was a short sircuit becuase there was a part of the cpu watercooler behind the motherboard, i removed it and now everything works fine. forgot to check behind the motherboard to see if anything touched the small metal things

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS