• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Black screen and resolution problem.

Nov 13, 2019
Hello. I have problem with starting 2 pc games. The problems started couple days ago out of nothing.
The first game is League of Legends. When I start the launcher it appears as this - View: https://i.imgur.com/qQn3ujLl.jpg
. I can move the box but can't do anything with it.
The other game is Red Dead Redemption 2. I didnt have any issues with the game since the launch /even when a lot of people had at the launch a week ago/ but now when the game starts it appears as a black screen and the background sound of the menu/in game is playing. I can navigate around the menu blindly and actually start the game and "play" in the dark.
I uninstalled LoL but it didnt help. No point to do the same with RDR2.
My GPU drivers are up to date. I just updated to latest Win10 updates /havent done it for long time - I dont like them/ as they suggest in the Troubleshooter of both games but it didnt help. I have scanned the laptop couple of times with Malwarebytes and Immunet - no viruses.
The laptop was plugged to the TV with HDMI and I read in few other sites about people with similar problems after unplugging it. Something about the GPU coundnt recognize the right monitor or something ?
Laptop is Acer Aspire VX15
Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz
16 GB RAM
nVidia 1050 GTX.

Help, please :|

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS