Question Black screen appeared after installing a GPU which was previously running on the same computer

May 17, 2023
Hello Everyone,
So I had a issue which was that a black screen appeared when I placed my GPU in the Computer
The GPU was working just fine previously on that particular Computer and even motherboard is same
I have done not a single change in the components of the computer
I took the GPU out and tried to place it in another computer which had a faulty PSU ( I really don't know why did I do this)
Then I again tried to place it pack in my computer however it did not work and a black screen appeared
I believe that the GPU is not damaged and I really seat it in it's correct position but I don't know what's the problem
Can anyone please please please help me with this
I really want to get to the end to this
I have tried a lot of things such as disabling my integrated graphics driver before placing the GPU and going into Safe Mode but nothing works
Also the DVI Cable works fine with the integrated port so the cable cannot also be faulty
I really need a solution
I appreciate your help in advance and Thank You for your time (please forgive any typo)
Look forward to your cooperation
Bye

Last edited:
May 17, 2023
I don't think so I fried it
I really have a budget HP Compaq Pro 4300 with 16 gb ddr3 ram and also a 1TB hardrive
Also the GPU is Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3
I just use it as a workstation and sometime game on it
Games I play are not that high end but without that GPU I can't even play those low end games
I used the GPU for like 3-4 months and it seemed fine

D

Deleted member 2947362

If you put the known working graphics card in a computer that has a faulty PSU depending on what the fault is with the PSU there is a chance the GPU maybe damaged and no longer works and you will most likely have to get another one.

The only way to be sure is get or borrow another graphics card and test that in your PC or test your graphic's card in a PC that's known not to be faulty.

You'll know for sure if your card is fried that way.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Guys can you please tell me of a budget 2 gb graphics card that goes well with i3-3220
It should take any graphic's card that don't require extra power from the PSU should work, I suspect the PSU in the PC is not an high wattage model.

how old is the PSU ?
It may need replacing if it can not supply enough power to the PCIe to power the graphics card.

May 17, 2023
my PSU can supply at a maximum of 250 W and I the PSU is from HP built in 2018
I have short listed three GPUs which don't require extra power and go well with my PSU
1)Amd R5 340x
2)Amd HD 7570
3)Geforce GT730

D

Deleted member 2947362

1)Amd R5 340x needs 250 Watt PSU
2)Amd HD 7570 needs 250 watt PSU
3)Geforce GT730 needs 200Watt PSU

you really need a better PSU but what would fit in your PC you would need to ask on the PSU part of the forum for further advise

D

Deleted member 2947362

my PSU can supply at a maximum of 250 W and I the PSU is from HP built in 2018
I have short listed three GPUs which don't require extra power and go well with my PSU
1)Amd R5 340x
2)Amd HD 7570
3)Geforce GT730
you could also try looking on HP website or ask their support what GPU your system supports