Question Black screen appears on both monitors, one monitor loaded, but every game has lags

Jul 15, 2022
Hi, i will describe my problem in more detail here:
(in advance, sorry for my bad english, if it's has some mistakes)

Here is what i did before the problem occured:
Today, i started my PC, everything was okay, no problem. My apps loaded and i wanted to download a game (Genshin impact), so i downloaded the launcher from official website. Then i wanted to play another game what is launching from a website (Roblox), so i joined random game.

Problem Occcurs:
The game is launching, but then both of my monitors suddenly have Black screen, after a few seconds both monitors are normal, but GPU drivers told me, that something crashed / failed (i dont know what exactly it told me, i cant remember). I closed it and tried to launch game again, Black screen on both monitors appears again, then, just the main monitor has recovered, GPU drivers told me the same thing. Main monitor blacked out few times after this and then my whole PC froze and i couldnt even move with cursor, so i restarted PC holding the power button.

What it caused:
After restart, on second monitor appeared text: "DVI - D, No signal" (Main monitor is connected through HDMI and second with DVI) and remains off, so i can use only main monitor. I tried the game again, its loads with no problem, but i have so big lags in the game (i guess something about 5 FPS, dont have FPS counter), which i havent before, before i had smoothly 60 FPS. Every game, event if it has HW requirements so low, it has so many lags, that it isnt playable. No AMD apps will open, some apps wont open too.

When i restart PC, it does not solve anything, second monitor still off and laggy games. In BIOS the second monitor works normally, so problem isnt in connection with monitor.
I had this problem, like few months ago, but i just solved by reinstalling whole PC, but i want to know where the problem is.

I cant post any images, or i dont know how, so if some images are needed to be shown, i will try it to answer in comments or by another method.

DaronMal

Distinguished
Sounds like a GPU issue upon first glance.

When you're getting these black screens, go to the Start Menu, type in "Event", you should see a result for "Event Viewer", open that, on the left pane, use the dropdown arrow to expand the menu Windows Logs, then click the System log. This should open up the system logs, which will also report driver issues. If it's the GPU driver crashing, it should show red errors in the Level column, when the black screens occur, check this out and see what errors you get if any.

Jul 15, 2022
Sounds like a GPU issue upon first glance.

When you're getting these black screens, go to the Start Menu, type in "Event", you should see a result for "Event Viewer", open that, on the left pane, use the dropdown arrow to expand the menu Windows Logs, then click the System log. This should open up the system logs, which will also report driver issues. If it's the GPU driver crashing, it should show red errors in the Level column, when the black screens occur, check this out and see what errors you get if any.
On my main monitor, black screen does not occur anymore, but as i said, second monitor is off and wont turn.
I opened Event Viewer, looked at errors when that problem occur, and it said "There is a non-recoverable device driver error in the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware that prevents the use of TPM services (such as data encryption). If you need further assistance, please contact your computer manufacturer." So i tried to clear TPM, but after restart, everything is same, nothing has solved.

DaronMal

Distinguished
Have you tried using DDU and grabbing the latest drivers yourself? It doesn't say what you use for a GPU but the process is pretty similar. Google "DDU" and the first result should be the site guru3d.com, download that by scrolling down to the Download Locations at the bottom of the page. It should download as a zip file, extract just the .exe to somewhere on your desktop and run it. It'll ask you to extract the files somewhere, extract to your desktop, it will make a DDU v(whatever version) folder. Open that and run the exe. Make sure to select your GPU and the GPU manufacturer you have, but don't click anything. Go back online and grab the latest GPU driver for your manufacturer manually from the dedicated website, then uninstall the drivers using DDU, it will make you reboot, run the new GPU drivers when you're rebooted and reboot again when that's done.