Black screen before BIOS starts after receiving 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR'

Jan 9, 2019
One day I got the 'blue screen of death' when I was surfing the interwebs with error 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR'. Windows did all it's repairing stuff, waited like 10 minuets, my PC restarted and from now on, all I receive is a black screen (monitor is on) before the BIOS even boots. The GPU fans spin and the lights are on.

Card is: AMD R9 Fury

The only way in which I can use my computer is if I remove my GPU from my motherboard and plug my Display Cable into the motherboard directly and use integrated graphics.

I have tried:

- different PCIe slots
- removing GPU's drivers
- updating GPU's drivers

I have been without a solution now for about a month. I know you might suggest testing the card in someone else's rig but I don't know anyone who would do that for me, also I took it into a computer shop and they refused to test it for me.

What could be the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Jan 9, 2019

Whenever the GPU is installed into the motherboard, the same issue occurs; no display but signal is being sent. Maybe I can choose the integrated as primary graphics but I can't find that option in my BIOS (my BIOS is UEFI).

Jan 9, 2019

My motherboard is the ASUS Z170-A. I've tried keeping the monitor connected to the mb while the Fury is installed, yes and the same problem occurs.

anels12

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
One day I got the 'blue screen of death' when I was surfing the interwebs with error 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR'. Windows did all it's repairing stuff, waited like 10 minuets, my PC restarted and from now on, all I receive is a black screen (monitor is on) before the BIOS even boots. The GPU fans spin and the lights are on.

Card is: AMD R9 Fury

The only way in which I can use my computer is if I remove my GPU from my motherboard and plug my Display Cable into the motherboard directly and use integrated graphics.

I have tried:

• different PCIe slots
  • removing GPU's drivers
  • updating GPU's drivers

I have been without a solution now for about a month. I know you might suggest testing the card in someone else's rig but I don't know anyone who would do that for me, also I took it into a computer shop and they refused to test it for me.

What could be the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!
Hey, quick question for research: What was your CPU at this time? I have been encountering the same problem, something I've noticed is Ryzen 5 1500X being the issue. Thanks.