[SOLVED] Black screen bios when graphic card is plugged

Jul 12, 2019
So i have this issue guys
When i boot my pc with my graphic card plugged in, it gives black screen bios and sometimes rarely it direcly loads to windows home screen logo
but when i use integrated graphics then everything works fine . in this case 95% times windows booted just fine.
please help me out whats the issue.
i have tried resetting bios by removing cmos battery and reinstalling it
i have tried another gpu and it gave me the same black screen on bios
i have all the latest bios and nvidia drivers update
My config-
motherboard - asus prime b250m-k
gpu - gigabyte 1050ti OC edition
Ram - corsair 2400 mhz 8gb x 2
psu - vs550 corsair
hardrive - ssd 240gb PNY
please help me out guys

Solution
but my bios is up to date so what should i do ? anything else u can think of?

Yes. If everything seems fine, try checking if your GPU is dead or not by using other machine. Your friend's PC might be a good help.

If it's alive, check your PSU if it's supplying the right and stable amount of power it needs. GPU is one of the most power hungry hardware, if it isn't getting enough power - it will cause problems. It's one of the first hardware that will give you a symptom if your PSU is failing.

Don't forget to rule out everything first before doing this stuff. It might also be other parts failing.
So i have this issue guys
When i boot my pc with my graphic card plugged in, it gives black screen bios and sometimes rarely it direcly loads to windows home screen logo
but when i use integrated graphics then everything works fine . in this case 95% times windows booted just fine.
please help me out whats the issue.
i have tried resetting bios by removing cmos battery and reinstalling it
i have tried another gpu and it gave me the same black screen on bios
i have all the latest bios and nvidia drivers update
My config-
motherboard - asus prime b250m-k
gpu - gigabyte 1050ti OC edition
Ram - corsair 2400 mhz 8gb x 2
psu - vs550 corsair
hardrive - ssd 240gb PNY
please help me out guys
Have you set in the BIOS to use the gpu?

Jul 12, 2019
Is the GPU plugged in when you’re doing that?

Check all the power connections, try a different slot.
yes gpu was plugged in when i did change those settings in bios
rechecked all the power cables . unfortunately i have only 1 pcie slot in my MOBO
this problem came out of nowhere man. i built my pc 18 months ago it was working perfectly. and yesterday afternoob out of nowhere this issue occured :(

Jul 12, 2019
Reset drivers to an older version? Is it possible the cards just died?
i tried downgrading my bios but it wont let me install older version . and even if my own gpu is dead , my friend'ss card was still working and the problem was still there when we tried the other working gpu . i dont know what i am missing here
and i am pretty sure my nvidia driver has nothing to do with this becuase its more like before windows boot. :(

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
but my bios is up to date so what should i do ? anything else u can think of?

Yes. If everything seems fine, try checking if your GPU is dead or not by using other machine. Your friend's PC might be a good help.

If it's alive, check your PSU if it's supplying the right and stable amount of power it needs. GPU is one of the most power hungry hardware, if it isn't getting enough power - it will cause problems. It's one of the first hardware that will give you a symptom if your PSU is failing.

Don't forget to rule out everything first before doing this stuff. It might also be other parts failing.

Solution