Black screen BIOS

hamzahaouaria

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
I turn my hp pavilion 1120el on the num lock blink 3 times what that means ? I checked it says it's a memory problem but I don't think so ram is working great and the laptop works if I leave it plugged to the adapter for 12 minutes
What could be the problem and how o I fix it

Nb battery is dead I only use it with adapter

Solution
Only way to fix internals on laptops is to take it to get repaired. If the error indicates a memory problem, more likely than not, that's what it is. The fact that the memory is soldered to the motherboard (most likely case with a laptop) means that it's most likely outside of your skill set to fix. So that leaves taking it to get repaired.

If you say it works if you leave it plugged in for 12 minutes (oddly specific but okay) It could be a dead battery that is no longer holding it's charge. Simple fix: get a new battery, most of the time you can even replace that yourself.

However if that doesn't work you're back to what I said in the first paragraph.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Only way to fix internals on laptops is to take it to get repaired. If the error indicates a memory problem, more likely than not, that's what it is. The fact that the memory is soldered to the motherboard (most likely case with a laptop) means that it's most likely outside of your skill set to fix. So that leaves taking it to get repaired.

If you say it works if you leave it plugged in for 12 minutes (oddly specific but okay) It could be a dead battery that is no longer holding it's charge. Simple fix: get a new battery, most of the time you can even replace that yourself.

However if that doesn't work you're back to what I said in the first paragraph.

Solution