[SOLVED] Black Screen, Blue Screen, and freezing up sometimes ?

Sadiew1990

Distinguished
May 7, 2015
Hello there! Having some issues with crashes and an extensibility module not loading (causing some of the crashes at least) and I have no idea what's going on. Hoping someone here can offer some insight.

Here's some info about my computer:
  • System Manufacturer: "To be filled by O.E.M." (what the system information app says. I built the computer myself so maybe that's why).
  • Model number: N/A
  • 64 bit
  • Original OS: Windows 7
  • OS is a full retail version
  • About 7 years old
  • OS is about 3-4 yrs old, installed Windows 10 when my computer was Windows 7 and I couldn't get it to boot into Windows
  • Desktop
  • Intel i7-4790 CPU @3.60GHZ
  • AMD Radeon R9 390 series
  • Motheboard: ASRock B85M-DGS
  • Corsair CX600 power supply
Some information on the issue: My computer has been crashing a bit, both blue screen, black screen instant-crashes, freezing up (screen gets no input and I can't talk but I can hear other people still talking, through discord and such). In the event viewer I get an error "WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll. Error Code: 126." I don't know why this would be causing a crash, as it usually seems to just be about whether people can get internet at all, which I have no problem with. Also, at least one of my video card fans fell off and I'm ordering a replacement fan for it that I will install.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Solution
this might help dll but many events can be ignored as they only happen once, and its possible next attempt worked fine.

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

was the blue screen an error screen?
Can you follow option one on the following link -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
this might help dll but many events can be ignored as they only happen once, and its possible next attempt worked fine.

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

was the blue screen an error screen?
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution