Black screen crash with buzzing in speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

volkerball3011

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Hello all,

For the last month or so, I've been contending with an issue wherein my PC freezes at least once a day, with the screen going completely black, and a buzzing noise coming through my audio device. usually whatever was the last sound to play is looped into a BZZZZZZZZZZ sound. There's no BSOD, no restart, I can't find anything in the Windows Event Viewer, and all I can do when it happens is to hit Reset on my case or otherwise coldboot the PC. It rarely happens during gaming, almost always occurring while I'm on a browser, or especially when I'm viewing videos on Youtube or Crunchyroll.

My gut keeps telling me it's a video driver issue, but I just don't know. Furthermore, after uninstalling a defective wireless card I mentioned in another recent thread, my PC refused to boot completely. It was behaving as if my RAM were the culprit. I opened the PC back up and tested the sticks, with one of them seemingly fine, and the other one behaving as if it were fried. But then suddenly, inexplicably, the PC began booting just fine with both sticks. This is the best lead I've had so far, but if it is the RAM, why would it go back to behaving at all? If a stick goes bad, that's all she wrote, right? Well, after this, I had a solid 3 days of no crashing, before the same damned crash happened again, mere minutes ago, while I was on Youtube. So I really don't know what to do.

I should note that my graphics drivers are up to date, and I do monitor my CPU and GPU temps, and I've never noted anything unusual in either this entire time. I really don't know what else to do. If my PC would only have the decency of BSOD'ing, I could get some actual data that could point me in the right direction, but this crash doesn't generate any dumps. :(

My specs, if it helps:
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU: Intel Core i5 4590
GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 ITX Compact 2GB
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz
Boot Drive: Western Digital Blue 500GB WDS500G1B0A
PSU: CORSAIR CX-M Series CX750M

volkerball3011

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Update: Previously when I'd crash at least once a day, I could hit Reset to reboot my PC. Now when it does it, I have to hold the power button to force a shutdown, then reboot. Also, I've noticed that the crash seems to happen between 11pm and 2am every night. I can't remember it happening at any other times.

Seriously, any info or advice would be appreciated. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.