Black screen crashes during gaming

496yuiop

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Hello all

Recently I've been having a problem with my computer freezing and black screening during most multiplayer and some singleplay games such as Counter strike, Starcraft 2 and Dota 2. I just build a new pc about 5 or 6 days ago and have had this problem on this new pc, all my drivers are up to date for both my graphics card and my chipset. Messed around with variables and registry editor but to no avail any help would be great.

Specs:
Radeon hd 7770 - Graphics card
Amd FX 6300 - Processor
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97/ - motherboard
windows 7 32 bit (accidentally got it instead of 64 bit)
8gb corsair vengeance ram

The screen goes black freezes my computer and i have to restart my computer, there are no error messages or anything of the sort just black screen and then freeze.

496yuiop

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
oh cool thanks (temperatures after computer crashed and i had restarted, wasn't able to get a measure during the game, it crashed and then blue screened on me)
cpu - 41
graphics card - 45
motherboard -47
hard drive - 33

docile:
cpu - 23
graphics card - 37
hard drive - 27
motherboard - 42

all temperatures in degrees centigrade or celsius

496yuiop

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
okay a specific description of my problem during battlefield 3. I'll play for a while maybe 30-40 minutes and eventually the screen will go black but will still be on, then it will turn off, turn back on and still be black; this will continue to happen, flickering between on with a black screen and off.

496yuiop

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I tried and it gave me an error saying "security verification failed" i understand i'm suppose to rename the file i think but i don't know what to as the file which i got from the asus download site didn't give me a readme as to what to rename it to.