[SOLVED] Black screen Crashes RX 580 8GB

Dec 27, 2021
I'm having some issues here that I'm at the end of my rope trying to troubleshoot. The problem seems to primarily occur when the card is under intense load, particularly any 3d rendering can quickly evoke a crash (Current AAA gaming, OCCT 3d testing, etc.) When the crash occurs, video output stops but the pc appears to continue to run for some time afterwards, usually with all of the fans suddenly maxed. If left alone long enough, the graphics drivers seem to corrupt and require an install leading me to believe this is a GPU issue. I'll list below all of the fixes I've tried so far to no avail. I would much appreciate suggestions.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7GHz
MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB GAMING X
MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4
2x8GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4-3200
EVGA 600B 600 W 80+ Bronze PSU
Windows 10 Home

Attempted fixes:
DDU Graphics drivers and reinstall
Reseat card
Change PSU cable
Underclock card 9% down to base spec per chip manufacturer
Revert windows updates
Use DisplayPort output instead of HDMI
Use different PCIe slot

Below are the values recovered on restart from OCCT when forcing a crash with the 3d tool in case that helps.

Power

XWMX3ns.png

Voltages
Ixd1dE6.png

Temps
SmRMcBV.png

Solution
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you probably should look into replacement options. From ur description it seems ur gpu is dying on you, it's a hardare issue. If it's a new gpu rma it asap, otherwise sadly it;s the end of it's life most likely. Only other option I can think of, again only if it's new, is maybe it's not getting enough juice which could point to psu not strong enough.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you probably should look into replacement options. From ur description it seems ur gpu is dying on you, it's a hardare issue. If it's a new gpu rma it asap, otherwise sadly it;s the end of it's life most likely. Only other option I can think of, again only if it's new, is maybe it's not getting enough juice which could point to psu not strong enough.

Solution
Dec 27, 2021

Ah, that's what I had feared. Just needed confirmation that I wasn't overreacting and missing something obvious. The card is indeed 5 years old, so I can't be too sad I guess. Bad time for a gpu to go kaput what with the current market lol.

Thank you for your input.

TRENDING THREADS