Black Screen Crashing

TheOnlyHaZe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
I built my computer back in Dec. 2013. So it's pretty new and now I'm having a bit of a trouble.
Every time I play WoW on ultra high and when video card hits anywhere between 70-74 degrees (in the Evga Precision X Software). My monitor goes black, the monitor light blinks, and any sound that was playing would loop. This applies to anything else that could put the computer up to that temperature. But not too much else can.

Here are my specs:
Asus Z87-A
i7-4770k
EVGA GTX-770
Kingston HyperX Black KHX16C10B1B/8 8GB / 2x8
ADATA 256GB SSD
EVGA Supernova 750W
H80i cooling

List of things I tried:
- Updated the bios drivers
- Used one RAM at a time (both had same result)
- Rolled back the nvidia drivers
- Updated to the new nvidia drivers
- Changed some shadow graphics settings to off in Nvidia control panel.
- Took out GTX 770, motherboard video ran all games fine. No black screen, CPU temp stays anywhere between 20-30 degrees. (Can't play WoW at ultra on the motherboard,only low)
- I have cleaned out all the fans, Two CPU fans blowing in cool air, two fans blowing out cool air. The airflow is good.
- Might be a couple more things, but can't remember for sure.

This only just started to happen in the last month and an half. This just started happening out of no where. (It took me two-three weeks to get a new video card)
I have already replaced the GTX 770 with a new one. Still the same issue. So I'm assuming it's not the Video Card.

G

does it happens only with wow?maybe your psu's 12v dying.u might wanna try the occt psu test,and check 12v readings.during test u might get the Black Screen Crash!also that motherboard should give anti surge warmings if it turned on in bios,u should turn that on.

blockhead78

Distinguished
although it's unlikely that the new GPU has a fault, it's not impossible

Do you have access to another compatible PC that you could test your GPU in?

If you could and it worked fine, then at least you'd know for sure that the GPU is ok

Does the problem only happen when WoW is set to ultra high? ie. any other setting is fine?