Question Black screen during GPU driver installation

Aug 30, 2024
Everytime i try to install GPU drivers my screen turns black. I tried waiting for an hour but that's not the problem. If i restart it i get a blue screen saying "Recovery: Windows didn't load correctly".
I tried it with different RX 6600, GT 730 and GTX 1060.
Every one of them does the same. So my GPUs can't be dead. But after failing to download them on my PC, they don't even work on any other PC. I went to a PC service and they tried testing my PC with different GPUs. It worked for them. But why not in my house?
Tried using different PSUs and different RAM sticks.
I somehow have a feeling my PC is killing every GPU that i try in my house. Tried even plugging it to different outlets in the house.

My PC:
MSI b450m-a pro max
RX 6600
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB RAM
Corsair 650W

kanewolf

Titan
Everytime i try to install GPU drivers my screen turns black. I tried waiting for an hour but that's not the problem. If i restart it i get a blue screen saying "Recovery: Windows didn't load correctly".
I tried it with different RX 6600, GT 730 and GTX 1060.
Every one of them does the same. So my GPUs can't be dead. But after failing to download them on my PC, they don't even work on any other PC. I went to a PC service and they tried testing my PC with different GPUs. It worked for them. But why not in my house?
Tried using different PSUs and different RAM sticks.
I somehow have a feeling my PC is killing every GPU that i try in my house. Tried even plugging it to different outlets in the house.

My PC:
MSI b450m-a pro max
RX 6600
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB RAM
Corsair 650W
First thought would be try a clean Windows install. You may have installed so may drivers that Windows is messed up.