Question Black screen during playing and GPU fans are at 100% speed but I still can talk on discord.

Mar 6, 2023
Hello,

Around one month ago I've started experiencing weird issue with my PC which occurs only in game (I do currently play only CS:GO). After around 20-30 minutes of being in game Im getting black screen, GPU fans go to 100% spinning mode but still can talk and hear other on discord, graphic driver reset shortcut doesn't change anything. I tried updating drivers to newest version, rolling back to 06.2022 version checking all cable connections but it doesn't help at all. Worth noticing is that GPU is NOT overheating, it keeps ~60 celsius degrees on 100% load, thought it might be GPU so I took my brother GTX 970 and the symptoms were pretty much the same with even faster problems occuring. I guess it's PSU issue but I wanted to ask if anyone experienced similiar issues and can link it to PSU/Motherboard as it is my bet what is broken. I also attached minidumps so maybe you can check something from those files.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600AF
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 SUPER
PSU: SilentiumPC Vero L2 500W Bronze
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

MINIDUMP LINK

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023
If you want to rule out the PSU, source(borrow, not buy) a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built 650W unit.
I got brand new Corsair 650W PSU on the way which will arrive tomorrow so hopefully it'll fix the issue. Before it arrives wanted to get some advice on the forum.