Status
Not open for further replies.

fabriicio10

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
#1 - The motherboard has an issue where the network adapter sometimes does not detect my ethernet connection on startup, and I have to restart the adapter on the device manager multiple times to get it working. This I'm pretty sure is the motherboard's fault.

#2 - Either while playing games or soon after, I hear a USB disconnect sound, the screen turns black and the fans ramp up to 100% (CPU or GPU, haven't pinpointed it yet).
I reseated the GPU, did a clean install of Windows 10, everything is fully updated. Ran a few tests on FurMark to see if I could replicate the crash, and nothing happened.

My computer specs:
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard - MSI x570 A-Pro
RAM: Kingston 16Gb 3000MHz
GPU - Asus GTX 1060 6Gb OC
PSU - Corsair RM 750i
Everything running on stock clocks.
Should I consider RMA or is this something I can fix on my own?

Last edited:

Ferimer

Distinguished
#1 - The motherboard has an issue where the network adapter sometimes does not detect my ethernet connection on startup, and I have to restart the adapter on the device manager multiple times to get it working. This I'm pretty sure is the motherboard's fault.

#2 - Either while playing games or soon after, I hear a USB disconnect sound, the screen turns black and the fans ramp up to 100% (CPU or GPU, haven't pinpointed it yet).
I reseated the GPU, did a clean install of Windows 10, everything is fully updated. Ran a few tests on FurMark to see if I could replicate the crash, and nothing happened.

My computer specs:
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard - MSI x570 A-Pro
RAM: Kingston 16Gb 3000MHz
GPU - Asus GTX 1060 6Gb OC
Everything is running on default clocks.

Should I consider RMA or is this something I can fix on my own?
What is your power supply? are you doing any overclocking?

fabriicio10

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
You didnt have to flash it? your MOBO is 3rd gen ready?
Yeah I read that x570 was ready for 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs out of the box, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep it updated.

Anyways, I'm trying to check all of my drivers like ex_bubblehead mentioned to make sure everything is actually working 100% before I do something on the hardware level.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Yeah I read that x570 was ready for 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs out of the box, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep it updated.

Anyways, I'm trying to check all of my drivers like ex_bubblehead mentioned to make sure everything is actually working 100% before I do something on the hardware level.
I would look into going back to the original BIOS Version for your MOBO instead of flashing it.

Ferimer

Distinguished

By changing the bios version you could have unknowingly messed up some other drivers which is what is creating the problem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.