[SOLVED] Black screen, fans go full speed crash

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
So, when I'm playing certain games (Doesn't happen on all for some reason) my pc randomly goes black screen at the same time the fans kick to full speed. I don't have to unplug it to restart like some people, i just hold the power button to turn it off and back on.

Here are the things I have tried:
Deleting all old drivers, reinstalling current ones.
Reseating gpu, unplugging and plugging back in the gpu cables.
Reseating ram.
Using wattman power to turn my power limit to -5% like some posts suggest. (This made it last longer without crashing, but still eventually crashed)
Adjusted the fan speeds on MSI afterburner to try to keep the temps down. (My last checked temp on all crashes was only 75c)

My Specs are:
Rx 580 8GB
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb RAM
EVGA 600w PSU
PRIME B450M-A

Solution
Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending on your motherboard. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then source the latest off of AMD's support site, then install in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should also state the model for the EVGA PSU and it's age.

Lutfij

Titan
Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending on your motherboard. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then source the latest off of AMD's support site, then install in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should also state the model for the EVGA PSU and it's age.

Solution