Black screen flash after boot to desktop...

Hey, I'm using the very latest ForceWare drivers,
and I've kinda noticed that the moment the machine
boots to the desktop, the screen briefly flashes
black. I can't say as I've noticed this happening
before (that doesn't mean it didn't happen before
though). Is it, er, normal?

Guardian

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

"RancidButtChutney" <RancidButtChutney@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hey, I'm using the very latest ForceWare drivers,
> and I've kinda noticed that the moment the machine
> boots to the desktop, the screen briefly flashes
> black. I can't say as I've noticed this happening
> before (that doesn't mean it didn't happen before
> though). Is it, er, normal?

I'm using 53.03 and this same thing started happening after installing that
version....was using version 4x.xx something or other before that and it
never happened so I can only assume it's a driver related thing....

>From: "Guardian" kguardianNOSPAM@hamptonroads.com

>"RancidButtChutney" <RancidButtChutney@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hey, I'm using the very latest ForceWare drivers,
>> and I've kinda noticed that the moment the machine
>> boots to the desktop, the screen briefly flashes
>> black. I can't say as I've noticed this happening
>> before (that doesn't mean it didn't happen before
>> though). Is it, er, normal?
>>

>I'm using 53.03 and this same thing started happening after installing that
>version....was using version 4x.xx something or other before that and it
>never happened so I can only assume it's a driver related thing....

I'm using 53.03 too and am experiencing the same problem. It never happened
until I had to reinstall the drivers last week. Strange.