[SOLVED] Black screen flicker and green vertical lines

Sep 18, 2020
Hello guys,

Im new here, please be gentle :D

Whenever i power on my computer this comes up
View: https://youtu.be/upr2M6OO-lM
its been happening for a while now, i have no idea what is causing it, it does go away and go back to normal after. But still i am worried something might be failing?

b450m Asrock steel legends
Asus ROG strix rx 580 8gb
Ryzen 2600x
3200mhz 8gb RAM x2
Be quiet! Pure power 11 600w
Monitor: MSI optix ag32c

So far i have tried:
Changed DP cables 2x (no avail)
Got my monitor tested from the retailer i bought (All good)
Used HDMI cable and plugged it into my TV (it didn't show up)

I did end up sending the card for RMA but no problem was found on their end, has anyone encountered like this before?

Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
So you checked the monitor that it works perfectly and send in the GPU for an RMA and they said its completly fine? I mean i dont what exactly the RMA guys did but i worked for 4 years in at a Tech store and when something looks like this its 99% of the time the GPU, so try plugging in the PC into something else, if everything is fine try plugging something different in your monitor. if that works fine too start switching the HDMI/DP ports (NOT cables) since they can be faulty too.

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
So you checked the monitor that it works perfectly and send in the GPU for an RMA and they said its completly fine? I mean i dont what exactly the RMA guys did but i worked for 4 years in at a Tech store and when something looks like this its 99% of the time the GPU, so try plugging in the PC into something else, if everything is fine try plugging something different in your monitor. if that works fine too start switching the HDMI/DP ports (NOT cables) since they can be faulty too.

Solution