[SOLVED] Black screen flickering and connect/disconnect sound when TV connected to PC via HDMI

c1bas3k

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hi there, so I moved to a new appartment and bought a new TV. I connected it to my PC which had no issues before and then suddenly something weird started happening... I have 2 monitors connected to my PC which were working flawlessly. One is a 1440p 144Hz Dell and the other one is 1080p 60Hz BenQ.

Now the issue... I connected my Samsung TV to my PC via HDMI 2.1 cable to support 4K and HDR. It is working great, I can watch movies there, play games etc... But with the HDMI cable connected my 2 monitor screens sometimes go to black screen and back and I hear the USB connect/disconnect sound (which I believe is used for all devices not just USB)... Now in the Device Manager I dont actually see anything being connected or disconnected and the HDMI cable is working perfectly otherwise...

I have a GTX 1080 GPU if that is important. Tried installing new drivers and clean installation as well.

So... Does anyone have an idea what is causing this?

Solution
This may sound dumb bit make sure that the display cords are securely attached to both the TV/Monitors and the PC. Also do the same for the power cords for each of the Monitors/TV. I had a similar issue with my 1080p monitor with a very similar setup 4k/2k/1080p monitors.

dasfx

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
Same issue
My setup is a 24" ASUS monitor vía HDMI -> DVI or DisplayPort Adapter (tried both)
Samsung 43" Smart TV vía HDMI 2.0 cable (tried many HDMI CABLES)

My Asus Monitor get black screen each 30 - 50 minutes even when TV is turned off.

It's like theh TV is being re-recognized provoking the whhole PC to restart the resolution changes
GPU GTX 1060 6GB

This may sound dumb bit make sure that the display cords are securely attached to both the TV/Monitors and the PC. Also do the same for the power cords for each of the Monitors/TV. I had a similar issue with my 1080p monitor with a very similar setup 4k/2k/1080p monitors.

Solution