Question Black screen followed by restart but fans stay on and lit up.

Nov 9, 2021
I bought this cyberpower prebuilt 2 days ago and this computer is perfectly fine to use most things, but when i try to play games it black screens ( some games like valorant i can get a few minutes of playtime before it crashes but others like apex legends, it crashes as soon as it loads up the main menu. ) my fans go max throttle, followed by a black screen and a restart, but fans stay lit up and on the entire time, varying speed though. I have tested my ram sticks and used multiple different ones so i know thats not the issue. I stress tested my gpu and it was fine, my cpu maxes out at 100% when loading up apex legends and my temp jumps from 40s to 60-65c, but not past that, sometimes the temperature and the cpu usage lower back to normal levels before the black screen. I've looked around the case and found nothing lose so im beyond lost on what it could be. Currently i am using secure boot on Windows 11, latest version of graphics drivers as well. I am thinking maybe windows, cpu or psu issue .Any help would be appreciated!

6600xt
Ryzen 5 5600g
B550 UD AC
EVGA 600 GOLD PSU
16 GB 3200MHZ CORSAIR
500GB m.2 ssd

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 600 is the advertised wattage of the unit. Gold is the 80+ efficiency rating. Now what is the model of the unit? You might want to see if replacing the PSU with one that's reliably built and has at least 650W at the entire system's disposal(sourced from a friend or neighbor) changes the issue. I would however ask you to keep Cyberpower in the loop about the issue considering that tampering with the parts can and will eventually lead to voiding your warranty. So if they give you permission to tinker, that's when you should replace the PSU for another unit and see if the issue persists.

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely?

Nov 9, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 600 is the advertised wattage of the unit. Gold is the 80+ efficiency rating. Now what is the model of the unit? You might want to see if replacing the PSU with one that's reliably built and has at least 650W at the entire system's disposal(sourced from a friend or neighbor) changes the issue. I would however ask you to keep Cyberpower in the loop about the issue considering that tampering with the parts can and will eventually lead to voiding your warranty. So if they give you permission to tinker, that's when you should replace the PSU for another unit and see if the issue persists.

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely?
Yeah i can use my computer fine for about everything besides playing games, my motherboard is gigabyte and it says my BIOS version is America Megatrends International, LLC. F1, Y1, 5/12/2021. SMBIOS version is 3.3