[SOLVED] Black screen for a few seconds when alt tabbing only on dx11 games.

flightn

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020
As the title states, my screen goes black for 1-2 seconds when i alt+tab out of a game, but ONLY on directx11 games

I put my fortnite onto directx12 and this doesnt happen, but when i put it on dx11 it does

the reason i dont want to play on dx12 is because i play competitively and the fps is worse, im also not going to try windowed fullscreen because that lowers FPS aswell.

If anyone can help with this id greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Solution
Do a clean install of the drivers. You can either use DDU through safe mode, of reinstall the drivers using 'custom' setting and opt for a clean install. Using express, that doesn't fix anything, it only checks against version numbers of the files involved. If you already have the latest file version, it skips it entirely (doesn't matter if corrupt or not). A custom clean or DDU will remove/replace All the drivers, existing or not.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Do a clean install of the drivers. You can either use DDU through safe mode, of reinstall the drivers using 'custom' setting and opt for a clean install. Using express, that doesn't fix anything, it only checks against version numbers of the files involved. If you already have the latest file version, it skips it entirely (doesn't matter if corrupt or not). A custom clean or DDU will remove/replace All the drivers, existing or not.

Reactions: flightn
Solution

flightn

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020

This worked!!! Thank you so much